This is an ongoing series of online events that can be hosted on your computer or tablet, as well as local in-person events.
Reading and learning
• La Jolla Community Center presents “iphonography” Wednesday, June 8 at 10:00 am at 6811 La Jolla Blvd. The course will teach you how to take great pictures on your iPhone, organize and edit photos on your phone, and share photos. Take a charged iPhone, Apple user ID, and password with you. $15 for community center members; $20 for non-members. ljcommunitycenter.org/art classes
• Tea Writing course from pen to paper held on Thursdays at 1pm at La Jolla/Riford Library, 7555 Draper Ave. The weekly class is open to writers 18 and older of any experience level. Free. (858) 552-1657
Families and children
• La Jolla/Reeford Library Presents STEAM Tuesday at 4:00 pm on Tuesday, June 7 at 7555 Draper Ave. The art project for children from kindergarten to fifth grade will be a mobile with a moth and a butterfly. Free. lajollalibrary.org
Health & Fitness
• Buddhism Yoga presents “Level Up Your FlowLIFT Practice with Jenny Lamp” at 1:00 pm on Saturday, June 4 at 7843 Girard Ave., La Jolla. 40 dollars. buddhiyogalj.com
• Women’s Club La Jolla presents “Gentle Yoga” at 11:30 am on Thursdays at 7791 Draper Ave. The weekly class is for all levels and is open to the public. 15 dollars.
art and culture
• BFree Studio presents “Painting and clay: an abstract language” from Thursday, June 2 to Wednesday, June 29 at 7857 Girard Ave., La Jolla. The exhibition features new work by John Ratajkowski, Sylvia Tello Trumbull and Richard Trumbull. Free. bfreestudio.net
• La Jolla Village Merchants Association presents “First Friday Art Walk in La Jolla” at 4:00 pm on Friday, June 3rd at various locations in The Village. Several galleries will open and food and entertainment will be offered in partnership with local businesses. Free.bit.ly/VMAFirstFriday
• La Jolla Community Center presents “Night in Seville” Friday, June 3 at 7:00 pm at The Cove at La Jolla, 7160 Fay Ave. The event will feature dance company Flamenco Sur and music by Reyes Barrios and Cambyses. $35 for community center members; $40 for non-members. ljcommunitycenter.org/special events
• The La Jolla Symphony Orchestra and Chorus presents “Forward” at 7:30 pm Friday, June 3rd and Saturday, June 4th at Good Samaritan Episcopal Church, 4321 Eastgate Mall. Performances will be maestro Stephen Schick final concerts as music director. 20 dollars. ljsc.org
• The Athenaeum Music and Art Library presents “Out of Time: Black and White Portraits by Joan Aghajanian Quinn” through Saturday, June 4 at 1008 Wall St., La Jolla. The exhibition features a selection of portraits of journalist and art collector Quinn. Free. ljathenaeum.org/upcoming exhibitions
• Warwick Bookstore Presents San Diegan Dan Cisco at noon on Sunday, June 5, at 7812 Girard Ave., La Jolla. Cisco is the author of Astounding California Sports: Fun, Unknown, and Surprising Facts from Statehood to Sunday. Free.
• The Athenaeum Music and Art Library presents its 23rd annual summer festival starting at 4:00 pm Sunday, June 5th at 1008 Wall St., La Jolla. Four consecutive Sunday concerts will feature piano sonatas with pianist Gustavo Romero and Beethoven. $192 per series for Athenaeum members; $212 for non-members. Dinner packages are available. ljathenaeum.org/summer festival
• The French Alliance of San Diego will open San Diego French Film Festival at 4:30 pm on Sunday, June 5 at The Lot La Jolla, 7611 Fay Ave. The festival with short and feature films will be streamed online until Sunday, June 12th. $10 per movie, $60 all movies, $150 premier and all movies. sdfff2022.eventive.org
• Warwick Bookshop and current author of Little, Brown and Co. James Patterson at 17:30 Monday, June 6, online. Patterson will release his new book, James Patterson: The Stories of My Life. $29 and up, including a copy of the book. warwicks.com/event/patterson-2022
• Gifts “Adventures in the book” Bingo Book (June Pride Month Celebration) at 16:00 Thursday, June 9, online. The event will feature authors Ann Aguirre, Annabeth Albert, Kim Taylor Blakemore, Timothy Janowski, Joshua Meling, and Katrina Monroe. Free. bit.ly/ABBJune
• Gifts from DG Wills Books Barry Berry at 7:00 pm on Saturday, June 11 at 7461 Girard Ave., La Jolla. Yagoda will talk about his book Journeys with Jimmy Carter and Other Media Adventures. Free. dgwillsbooks.com
• Presentation of the music salon “Bright season finale” at 4:00 pm on Sunday, June 12 at the La Jolla Women’s Club, 7791 Draper Ave. The program will feature works by Mendelssohn, Brahms and Roentgen performed by violinists Samuel Fischer and Chiai Tajim, violist Andrew Picken, cellist Stella Ye Lin Cho and pianist Regulo Martinez-Anton. 95 dollars. LeSalondeMusiques.com
• RB Stevenson Gallery presents an exhibition “Multiple Insights” until Saturday, June 18 at 7661 Girard Ave., La Jolla. The group exhibition features work by Judith Fusaner, Jimi Gleason, Teresa Herron, Gary Paller, Mark Perlman, Astrid Preston, Peter Stevens, Geoffroy Tobe and Chris Trueman. Free. rbstevensongallery.com
• UC San Diego QI Gallery presents an exhibition “#RetroCollective” through Thursday, June 23rd at Atkinson Hall, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla. The collection of works by UCSD Visual Arts Chair Ricardo Dominguez is based on initiatives and art at the intersection of technology, political activism and critical theory. Free. Email email@example.com.
• Tasende Gallery presents an exhibition “Mark di Suvero” through Saturday, June 25 at 820 Prospect St., La Jolla. The exhibition includes drawings and steel sculptures. Free. tasendegallery.com
• The San Diego Repertory Theater presents the 28th annual The Lipinski Family San Diego Jewish Art Festival through Tuesday, July 19, online and at various locations in San Diego. The festival will feature 14 virtual and live performances of Jewish music, theater and art. sdrep.org/jfest
• L&G Projects presents the exhibition “Here Comes the Sun” until Saturday, Aug. 27, 7940 Herschel Ave., La Jolla. The exhibition features works by Israeli artist Orit Fuchs. Free. Landgprojects.com
Gala and events
• The Estancia La Jolla Spa Hotel will host the first AgaveFest Friday, June 3 at 6:00 pm at 9700 N. Torrey Pines Road. The event will feature artisanal Mexican spirits, Baja-inspired cuisine, live music and other entertainment. 150 dollars. bit.ly/EstanciaAgave
• San Diego Opera Presents Gala Concert “A Night to Dream”Saturday, June 4 at 6:00 pm at the Hilton at Torrey Pines, 10950 N. Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla. The event will be dedicated to Sherry La Jollan and Kevin Ahern. sdopera.org/gala
• Children’s Charitable Organization St. Germaine PresentsJune Dinner and Awards CeremonyTuesday, June 7 at 11:00 am at The Lot La Jolla, 7611 Fay Ave. The event will include a three-course dinner and a copy of Saint Germain’s cookbook Dinner at a Restaurant: Recipes for the Best Restaurants in La Jolla. 75 dollars. Registration by Sunday, June 5th. StGermainChildrensCharity.org and click “June Dinner”.
• TeaAnderson Cancer Center, Scripps MDpresents an event for cancer survivors, families, friends and the community at 4:00 pm on Wednesday, June 8 online. The event will include talks by Scripps MD Anderson Medical Director Dr. Thomas Buchholz, a mindfulness class, and more. Free. Registration required. bit.ly/ScrippsJune
Do you have an event – online or in person – that you would like to see here? Send your leads to firstname.lastname@example.org. ◆